Special Education/Special Programs
The Special Education Department had added some supports for ensure IEPs are implemented to the greatest extend possible. These efforts include:
- Weekly communication from to parents of students with disabilities from their special education and general education teachers to ensure implementation of the IEP.
- Related services offered through teletherapy for counseling, Occupational Therapy, and Physical Therapy where permission has been given by the parent.
- Access to the Director of Special Education, Dr. Catherine Schmidt, to address questions or concerns: email@example.com, 254-739-1444,903-239-2680.
- Providing Speech Therapy in combination of ways including practice packets with follow-up phone calls and tele-therapy.
- Acquiring parental consent either verbally or written to protect disability related HIPPA and FERPA protected information.
TEA COVID-19 Special Ed in Texas Information
SSES ARD Committee Flowchart (English)
SSES ARD Committee Flowchart (Spanish)
SSES Program Overview (English)
SSES Program Overview (Spanish)